Autumn is coming early






















It may still feel like summer down in the South of England but this week I can feel a change to a touch of early Autumn. This morning we had a really heavy dew and the flowers are all going over now quickly. The bees still come to seek out nectar when we have a bit of sun and the last butterflies go to the apples fallen on the grass but it no longer feels like Summer to me.



Last week I cycled down to Longton Brickcroft nature reserve and took the swan pictures .I shared a little bit of my lunch with the swan family but they are well looked after by local people who go there walking their dogs ,or just for a lovely stroll.



At the weekend we went out for a day on the boat up to Garstang , which is where I took the butterfly photo, down on the nettles by the river. There were fewer swallows out on the wing but we did spot a couple of large brown dragonflies while the sun was out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the footsteps of Nella Last.

Nella Last's last wish!

Storrs Hall and Windermere