David Lloyd George and Llansumdewy.   In a little quiet village on the Llyn Peninsula in Wales  there lies Buried,one of England...

Monday, 24 August 2009

Autumn is coming early






















It may still feel like summer down in the South of England but this week I can feel a change to a touch of early Autumn. This morning we had a really heavy dew and the flowers are all going over now quickly. The bees still come to seek out nectar when we have a bit of sun and the last butterflies go to the apples fallen on the grass but it no longer feels like Summer to me.



Last week I cycled down to Longton Brickcroft nature reserve and took the swan pictures .I shared a little bit of my lunch with the swan family but they are well looked after by local people who go there walking their dogs ,or just for a lovely stroll.



At the weekend we went out for a day on the boat up to Garstang , which is where I took the butterfly photo, down on the nettles by the river. There were fewer swallows out on the wing but we did spot a couple of large brown dragonflies while the sun was out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts