Picnic at Gawthorpe hall

+At last we made use of the lovely pinic hamper that I  bought with my Birthday money way back in  February. Gawthorpe Hall near Burnley was our destination  having  briefly called there once before we  promised to return one day and explore this very old Lancashire Manor House.
We toured the house and saw the beautiful Kay Shuttleworth Embroidery collection which really is stunning if you are at all interested in textiles.
 The house itself was built around 1600 but the Shuttleworth family had been in the area for 200 years before that.
I have to say that having a picnic with a' proper 'picnic basket adds a new and much more enjoyable dimension to the whole experience and now all I would like is a really old open top car to take me to more picnics in real style!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the footsteps of Nella Last.

Storrs Hall and Windermere

Nella Last's last wish!